La Salle Bacolod started in 1952 and the Founding Brothers made sure that a library is available for use of the pupils. The present Lower Grade Library of the Integrated School and College Departments opened in 1953; a room in the High School Department was assigned as the High School and College Library. In 1958, The Boarding Department was converted into Science floor. The Library remained in the ground floor for the next twenty-five years.
In 1982, through the efforts of Brother President Rafael S. Donato, FSC, a new library complex was built to accommodate the increasing library clientele and collection. It was completed and occupied in April 1983 with 13000 volumes of books.
Today, the collection includes 83,146 volumes of books; 110 titles of periodicals, pamphlets, CDs and DVDs, electronic resources and special collections.